Level 1 Certification is an entry level certification for a practitioner in the challenge course industry. The following information is the training curriculum for a full facilitation training that includes low & high course instruction. The duration of the training depends on the size of your course; however, a full Level 1 certification training must encompass at a minimum 40 hours of training in order to test for certification.
Course Description: Introduction to the operation of games, initiatives, spotted, low & high challenge course elements. Emphasis on technical skill sets that include: proper spotting, set-up/take-down of low and high course activities, identification of appropriate belay methods/techniques, knots, course construction, and knowledge of hardware & equipment.
Course Objectives: At the conclusion of the course, practitioners will be able to:
- Understand the historical and philosophical components of challenge/ropes courses
- Identify and implement proper sequencing relative to group assessment & goals
- Understand and teach proper spotting techniques for low and high course activities
- Evaluate and manage the components of safety to include: emotional, social, physical
- Implement concepts relative to experiential programming and create reflective learning opportunities
- Perform routine inspections pertaining to the environment, element, and equipment
- Identify proper course construction relative to the ACCT Standards
- Perform documentation procedures for equipment
- Understand and implement the proper set-up/take-down of low and high element activities, knot craft, & belay application of method and technique
- Awareness of site emergency action plan and site-specific technical rescue procedures
- Differentiate between perceived and inherent risk, & choice vs. coercion
- Create a respectful group environment utilizing tools such as group contracts, leadership models, and/or thoughtful programming
If you are interested in a Level 1 certification or would like additional information please contact our director of training, Brenda Reed at email@example.com at 310-622-3364.